In 1949, “Aston Martin” exhibited in Le Mans its aerodynamic coupe with a 6-cylinder engine of 2.6 liters, developed by designers for the company “Lagonda. Under the designation “DB-2", the car was produced for sale from 1950 and was offered as standard with a 107 hp engine, and in the Vantage version - 123 hp.
In the same year, John Wyer organized a team of three “DB-2” to compete in Le Mans. Crews took the fifth and sixth places in the overall standings and won in their class. Two years later, they were again among the top two winners in their category and at 12 and 13 places in the overall standings.
In 1952, another road modification “DB-3” appeared. Its special versions for various competitions had engines with a working volume of 2580 or 2922 cm3 and power from 140 to 225 hp. N1 cars won the second, third and fourth places in the mass-produced car race at Silverstone. Winning the 9 hour Goodwood competition again went to the DB-2 model, and DB-3 snatched the victory in the Tourist Trophy race on the Isle of Man, won the Daily Express Cup at Silverstone and won first place at the next Goodwood competition. This was followed by victories in Monte Carlo and on the Dutch track in Zandvoort.The series “DB-2” and “DB-3” remained in the history of “Aston Martin” one of the most successful.