English Deutsch Français Italiano Русский Español Português 日本人 Български 中國 한국어 Việt हिन्दी Türk Polski Ελληνικά ಕೆನಡಾದ Dansk Nederlands Suomi Magyar Norvég Svenska Česká Slovenskú
   

WANDERER, Chemnitz / Sigmar, Germany, 1911-1941


Known for its bicycles and motorcycles, WANDERER began serial production of 4-wheeled vehicles in 1911. A young engineer Ettore Bugatti proposed a small car project to her, but WANDERER refused, and a little later Peugeot began to produce this model under the name Bebe. Based on the idea of Bugatti, WANDERER has developed its own car, the W-1 Puppchen, with a 4-cylinder 1147 cc engine. The first "Puppchen" had two single seats (tandem arrangement), and in 1914 the "W 2" with three seats appeared, with the driver's seat being centered slightly in front of the two passenger seats. This version used a more powerful overhead valve engine of 1222 cm3. During World War I, the German army used the first version of the "Puppchen" as a light reconnaissance vehicle. This model, with an updated version of the “W-4”, was produced until 1925. In 1921, “WANDERER” launched the production of a 4-cylinder overhead valve engine with a displacement of 1551 cm3, later increased to 1940 cm3. It was installed on several light machines from the “W -6 "to" W-10 ". At the Berlin Motor Show in November 1927," WANDERER "showed a new low-cost model" W-11 "with a 50-horsepower 6-cylinder engine in 2540 cm3, produced under license from the Swiss company" Martini " The successor to the "W-11" was in 1930 the sporty "W-11S" with a 3-liter engine.
In 1932, the firms “WANDERER”, “DKW”, “Horch” and “Audi” merged into the concern “Auto Union.” New models “WANDERER” from 1933-1934 had not only more modern bodies, but also a front independent suspension. At that time, WANDERER also produced a large series of 6-cylinder cars designed by Ferdinand Porsche (models “W-21”, “W-22”, “W-23”, “W-45”, “W-51 In 1936-1938 the company produced a small batch of two-seater sports cars “W-25K” with a compressor engine of 1950 cm3, also developed by Porsche. The latest models “W-24” and “W-23”, produced in 1940-1941, equipped with side-valve engines and independent suspension of all wheels.

Hits: 17